Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Rose VoxBox from Influenster

Influenster is a super cool community that allows you to review products that you already use and let the world know what they think. And every now and then they put together a VoxBox.

A VoxBox is a super cool box with several items that Influenster sends to select active members for them to test out and review the products. Getting a email telling you that you're getting a VoxBox is like finding out you're getting a really cool present on your birthday. You can visit them on their Facebook page here (after you read my blog of course :) and see for yourself how everyone loves Influenster.

It's very exciting.

Recently I was sent a Rose VoxBox from Influenster to test, review and spread the word about. I must say I was not disappointed in any of the items that were sent. I love them all. So let's start talking about them, shall we?

 When your VoxBox arrives, it's always boxed nicely with the Influenster logo and cute design.

Opening the box is always super exciting. You have no idea what you are getting to test. As you can see from the items this is a great box! Now two items are missing from this picture. Item number one is Vitabath hydrating lotion. This item was sent to random Influensters and I wasn't one of them. The other items missing from the picture is something I did get but wasn't able to post a picture of. But I'll post one below from the company's website. It was a belVita crunchy breakfast biscuit. My kids snatched it up without me realizing it until after I already took the pictures and noticed it was missing. By then it was too late. But the good news is they loved this healthy little on the go breakfast!


In your VoxBox you get a postcard describing each item and how much each item runs. (Sorry for the blurry upper left. My camera skills need work :/ )


The first item that I reached for was the Dr. Schools for Her Cozy Cushions for boots. That's right--boots!! Hello!! As with all Dr. Scholls, you cut them to fit your shoes. And these being furry did not make it difficult at all. They cut just fine. These insoles are so soft, furry and comfortable. I tried them out immediately in my most favorite and most often worn boots and they went in just fine. But they weren't comfortable when I slipped my feet in. Way too tight. They were dressier high heeled boots with a slender foot. But I do also have some wider casual boots that while comfortable, they aren't warm and cozy and they are slightly too big somehow (I swear my feet are shrinking). I put the Dr. Scholls Cozy Cushions in those boots (3 different pairs) and they all were comfortable to wear and made my boots fit better. Score! If you're worried about your feet getting to hot and sweating (I know, I know, gross right?) you shouldn't worry. These magic furry clouds of wonderfulness help keep feet dry and absorb perspiration. Incase you are wondering, these baby's run about $12.49. 
Next up is a Lindt Lindor milk chocolate truffle sample that also had a nice coupon inside. These truffles are so smooth and rich that you just don't want to share! There is a yummy candy shell on the outside and a smooth melt in your mouth filling on the inside. Delicious fine chocolate that melts in your mouth. Need I say more? These run at about $3.99 for a 5.1oz bag and come in 10 different yummy flavors.  

Here we have Graduation Polishes by Kiss. This was very interesting. It's a 3 step process to give your nails an almost ombre look. You start with a clear glittery coat that you pain the entire nail with. Then you take step two which has a darker and glittery coat and cover 2/3rds of your nail. And then for step 3 you take the last bottle which has larger glittery flakes and you paint 1/3rd of your nail. I haven't quite mastered this one yet, but when I do, I will be posting (with detailed pictures) how it's done. But it's very cool so far and even my 3 year old is asking me to paint her nails with it lol. If you want to purchase your own set then you can find these at Walgreens and they run about $6.99.

This couldn't have arrived at a better time. It was time to replace my mascara and I was delaying. I almost hate shopping for mascara. I can't stand the clumps that some brands will give you. And there is nothing more frustrating then having your mascara mess up so bad thanks to clumps and smearing (every had a clump land IN your eye?) that you have to take off your make up and start over again. UGH. I admit I was nervous when I saw my new Rimmel scadaleyes retro glam mascara. But, that of course did not stop me from trying it (I love to try new things!). I'm certainly glad I gave it a chance because I love it! Seriously! The wand is super fat which I was nervous about but it was easy to use and it gave my eye lashes a long lash look that I love. And..no clumps. Happy dance! $6.99 and should be available at your local drug store.

And last but not least is the belVita crunchy Breakfast biscuit. These are sold in 5 packs to a box and each pack has 4 biscuits in them. What you are seeing the picture is half a biscuit. They are a good size. These are tasty and crunchy and really are great for on the go. If you're not on the go and can sit at home and enjoy them, these are great with toppings as well. Add some peanut butter and top with a fruit such as banana or apple slices. Very tasty! These are packed with fiber and B-vitamins and contain no high fructose corn syrup if you're worried about that sort of stuff. But each serving has 18-20 grams of whole grain. These run about $3.69 per box and should be available at your local grocery store.


There you have it! I love all the items that came in this box and if you decide to try any of them, let me know how you liked them!

If you are interested in becoming an Influenster then you can sign up here. Influenster is a free community to join. 

*Disclaimer-I was sent these items from Influenster in exchange for my thoughts and opinions. My thoughts and opinions are just that--mine. I tested out the products and wrote what I personally felt. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment