Saturday, October 8, 2011

Losing Weight


Lets face it. Losing weight and getting into shape is hard and it sucks. There is no magic pill or wand that will magically make us the size we desire (unfortunately). We have to work for it and you won't work for it unless you truly want it.

A month ago I decided that now is my time. I'm ready to lose the extra pounds that I have gained from each of my pregnancies and get into the best shape that I can. Its important that I stick around on this wonderful Earth for as long as possible. I want to see my kids grow up. I want to see them start their own careers and families. I want to be around to see my grandchildren and play with them. 

I'm going to be posting updates on my progress in hopes of inspiring any of my readers that getting into shape can be fun and it doesn't have to be hard or something dreaded. Like I said I made this decision about a month ago to lose these 15 pounds. And if I'm lucky then maybe even another 5 on top of that ;)

What have I been doing so far? Zumba actually. I gave into the infomercial and figured why not?! I don't have time to head over to the classes and it really does look fun. Plus my kids love to dance around so this might be something that they would join in on. So I bought this set on amazon. It was kinda expensive but the price fluctuates and it was $89.99 when i bought it. They also sell this set which averages around $55 and comes with a few less DVD's but still just as great. So far I've lost 5 pounds and I'm feeling pretty darn good about it!

If you're interested, join me in getting in shape. You can post your progress along with me and we can support each other. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment